Hi Everyone… Here we are looking at 2021! I decided that this year would be a good opportunity to get some oldies but goodies out of the way with my scrapping this year. This image is of an Easter we spent down in Canberra with my Mum. While we were there we popped on into Questacon! My kids had visited on their Year six camp with school and Tyler had missed out because he went to a different Primary School… my boys thoroughly enjoyed the experience so now we were inducting Tyler!
To prepare my page I used clear gesso. I got my brayer out and layered similar colours on the underneath sheet where I tore it to match the foreground card stock. I used some archival ink in Black and Brown to distress the torn parts. I used my fav grunge accessory… Plasterers tape and created a space within to play.
I used chalk paint to colour my Notebook Edge Border and attached a tear strip from the dotted card stock I had of Industrial lights. I attached it to the page where the paper had changed texture as a border. I then used this as the flow of the page going in a T shape.
I used my crackle paste to add some dimension to the background along the plasterers tape. The tape kind of grabs the texture paste and creates a great weathered feel. I also added some newspaper print stamping to the background – more vintage-ness! I popped loads of layers of Grungy papers that I found in my stash and added the Chicken Wire Panelchipboard to break them up. I used pieces of it – not the whole thing so I could save the depth in the center of the page for the thicker Corrugated Card to sit in. I saved a layer of height there… I will one day pop my layout into an album so I like to minimise my height where I can.
I used some rust paste to grunge up my Geo Gears #1 and Geo Gears #2 also added some to the background so that weathered wall had some tarnish to it too… I used a Techno Circle to add a cap and a bottom to the collage. I am still using that vertical strip as my guide. I also popped some grungy die cuts.
A fun filled layer of splatters – two shades of course, white and the sand chalk paint I used for the title. I added some crosshatch stamping to the background as an extra piece of interest.
To highlight the corrugated card stock I rubbed a Distress Oxide pad onto it. I used two colours Old Paper and Dried Marigold.
I kept the title “The places we go” in a neutral shade without any fancy techniques. I think that the plainness of it makes it pop in a reverse kind of way.
I used the colours from the mood board as inspiration and also the dry summery feel.
Thanks for stopping in and I look forward to seeing your creations in the Dusty FANattics page!